Some people are a little more caring than others.
Here’s how to tell:
- Run through the past few days and try to recall how people reacted to you
- Did any of them ask if you were OK?
- Did they offer to help you somehow?
- They might have made a comment about you looking different
- These people might be helpful because they can help you spot the triggers of your bad days
- Think about how you feel before, during, and after spending time with a particular person.
- Beforehand, are you looking forward to meeting (although some of the dread may be related to your mood)?
- During, do you feel calm, frustrated, exhausted, or peaceful?
- Afterwards, do you feel slightly better, or slightly worse? It’s not a friend’s job to change your mood, but taking note of how you feel when you’re around particular people can help you to know if it’s relationship worth having in your life.