If you’ve got an idea of the kind of mahi/job you might be interested in, check out what it’s really like. If you need help thinking about what jobs might be right for you, CareerQuest is a great tool that recommends jobs based on your interests.
- Pick someone who does something you find interesting (or look up video clips of interviews with people on careers websites)
- Find out about a normal day at work
- See what they love about it – and what they dislike
- Find out how long they’ve been doing it and what has changed
- Work out how they got into it in the first place
- Ask if there was a simpler job they worked up from
- See if there are any work experience opportunities.