Sometimes you just feel like you can’t take any more. There’s no shame in that – but you do need to get help. If you need urgent help now, ring 111 and clearly tell the operator that your life’s in danger. No one’s going to judge you, but they will take you seriously and act fast to help – and right now, that’s exactly what you need.
If you don’t feel like your life’s in danger but things are getting pretty grim, you still need to talk to someone right away – trained counsellors who understand how you’re feeling and who are ready and waiting to help.
Firstly there’s us, The Lowdown Team. We’re not just a bunch of info on a website – we’ve got trained counsellors who will do whatever they can to help.
- Text us free at 5626
- Email us and tell us what’s happening, or if you want to chat, give us your number and we’ll call you right back.
- Youthline: Free, confidential and nonjudgmental. Call 0800 37 66 33
- Depression Helpline: Call 0800 111 757
- Lifeline: Nationwide 24-hour counselling service – call 0800 543 354
- What’s Up: Free counselling service for young people, operates 7 days a week from 12-pm to midnight – call 0800 WHATSUP (0800 942 8787). They also have a free online chat 7-11pm every day.
If you feel like it’s serious but not an emergency, you could talk to your doctor, or a mental health professional (like a psychologist or psychiatrist). There are lots of choices, and lots of people who can help.